Hummus With Rosemary & Lemon
A flavorful Italian twist on the usual hummus recipe. Boldly flavored with fresh Rosemary & Lemon and garnished with fragrant toasted Pine Nuts. Most flavorful chickpea dip you'll ever have!
Servings: 8 people
- 30 oz chickpeas canned or dry and then cooked (drain and rinse well if using canned chickpeas)
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp rosemary needles adjust to taste (I use at least 3-4 for my bold palate)
- 2 lemons zest and juice of
- 1/2 tsp cumin adjust to taste
- 1/3 tsp Himalayan salt adjust to taste
- 1/3 tsp black pepper ground
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted, optional
- 1/4 tsp paprika garnish
Add the rosemary needles to your food processor along with the lemon zest, lemon juice, chickpeas, salt and cumin. Start blending and let the machine go for a couple of minutes.
Turn it off. With a spatula, scrape the sides of the food processor to make sure everything is within blades’ reach, so it all gets evenly chopped and smoothly blended.
Start the machine again and through the hole at the top trickle in the extra virgin olive oil. Adding the olive oil this way will distribute it evenly through the dip.
You shouldn't need to, but add some liquid if it’s a bit dry. For that purpose, I suggest to reserve some of the cooking liquid or add lemon juice. If it’s already too lemony and you don’t have the cooking liquid, add a tablespoon or two of iced water.
Turn off the food processor and serve the hummus in a bowl. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary, toasted pine nuts and a dusting of paprika.
Serving: 2tbsp | Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 372mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 59IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 4mg