As an Italian woman that’s been cooking since she was tall enough to reach the stove, I am particularly proud of this recipe. So proud that I feel like bragging, reason why I’m calling this flavorful gem Easiest Best Roasted Peppers.
Feel free to pin this colorful beauty below (mmm…):
EASIEST & BEST ROASTED PEPPERS
These roasted peppers are the easiest because they take minimal preparation and hands-on work. They are roasted in the oven; none of that nonsense where you need to blister each one by hand on an open flame. I never understood that method because not only is it inconvenient and labor-intensive; it also does not allow the flesh of the peppers to caramelize and develop a nice intense flavor and texture. Waste of time and energy, if you ask me. I make them in the oven like my mother taught me.
And they’re the best because they are not just roasted; they are also marinated in the most flavorful fresh herb mix with high-quality extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
FYI: I marinate them with different combinations of fresh herbs, but my favorite two are:
Mint & Basil for the summer ☀️
Rosemary & Thyme for the winter ❄️
3 REASONS TO MAKE THESE ROASTED PEPPERS
- They are Absolutely Flavorful and nutrient-dense. Red Bell Peppers are packed with Vitamin C and minerals. Plus, they are very low in calories.
- They can make an ordinary Caprese Salad very special, and they complement Burrata even better than tomatoes (I should know; I’m from Puglia just like Burrata).
Also, they pair beautifully with any meats, which takes me to Reason #3…
- These roasted peppers can be made well ahead of time and travel easily. That makes them the perfect choice for a bbq, a picnic, or a potluck dinner.
This recipe requires all real ingredients and possibly fresh herbs.
- Ripe Red Bell Peppers (they are the sweetest and give the best results)
- Fresh Mint
- Fresh Basil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I highly recommend Kirkland organic extra virgin olive oil at Costco or on Amazon. Great quality without breaking the bank)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Black Pepper
Watch the video recipe for my Easiest & Best Roasted Peppers. Notice how I peel and “filet” them at the end, shredding them with my fingers. Again, just like my mother taught me.
And here’s the full printable recipe! I hope you try it and send the link to your friends because I promise you, these are the best roasted peppers!
EASIEST BEST ROASTED PEPPERS
- 6 Bell Peppers red
- 2 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 4-5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Mint fresh and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Basil fresh and finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 420 F
- Place peppers on a baking sheet with a lip to catch any juices lined with parchment paper
- Roast the peppers for 30 minutes or until their skins blister and turn black
- Flip them on their sides and roast them for 10 minutes more
- Place roasted peppers in a bowl to cool off for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle (tip: cover with plastic wrap to help the skins lift off the flesh)
- Peel off and discard blackened skins, along with stems and seeds (tip: use an empty bowl to catch the juices and discarded parts as I do in the video. Otherwise, it’ll get messy)
- Shred the filets coarsely with your fingers (watch how I do it in the video) and place them in a clean bowl
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, chopped herbs, salty & pepper and toss the peppers until they are completely dressed and coated
- Cover the bowl and place peppers inside the fridge to marinate for 4 hours or overnight
- Take the peppers out of the fridge at least 10 minutes before serving, toss them thoroughly and sprinkle more fresh mint and basil for extra flavor. Buon appetito!
NUTRITION INFORMATION: The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Disclaimer: Absolutely Flavorful is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. Should you click and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the experience!
Leave a Reply