Whether it’s ready-made or homemade, I try to drink bone broth every single day. There are too many reasons not to do it. I consider it an act of self-love. One of the ways I nourish my body, my mind, and my soul.
NATURAL BONE BROTH= BOTOX
Ahem… I have a certain age now, so I can say bone broth truly is Mama Nature’s botox. My skin loves it! My whole body loves it ! Since I’ve been sipping this golden miracle in a jar, everything feels and looks a little bit firmer. But all that is just superficial gravy. Bone broth has so many more benefits than making our hair and nails grow as if we were new born vampires.
5 TOP BENEFITS OF BONE BROTH
- It supports digestion and gut health. The collagen and glutamine contained in the bone broth help the body repair and maintain the fragile intestinal lining. This is a fundamental benefit for people affected by “leaky gut” and autoimmune diseases like yours truly (for more on the subject, you can read this post).
- It supports healthy bones and joints. Besides collagen, it contains all kinds of amino acids, vitamins and minerals. It’s a great source of calcium and magnesium.
- It fights inflammation. Besides glutamine, bone broth contains other amino acids like arginine and glycine, which have anti-inflammatory properties.
- It supports weight loss. What?! Not only does it iron out wrinkles, tighten up skin and give mermaid hair, it also helps with weight loss? Yep! One cup of bone broth is high in nutrients and low in calories, making you feel full and curbing your appetite.
- It supports good sleep and good memory. My mother has fibromyalgia and noticed this wonderful side-effect right away. Apparently, it’s because of the glycine. Amino acids are really great allies for gut health, brain function, and overall health. People with autoimmune diseases like me and my family may appreciate their precious benefits even more.
HOW TO GET YOUR EVERYDAY BONE BROTH
There are 2 ways you can get your daily bone broth fix:
- You can make it in the comfort of your own kitchen. I promise it’s so much easier than you imagine. If you have an Instant Pot, it’s not just easy, it’s also fast. Here is my Instant Pot Bone Broth recipe if you’d like to try it (let me know if you do 😊). Or if you have a crockpot / slow cooker, you can use this Slow Cooker Bone Broth recipe of mine. And if you don’t have either appliance, use a big pot on your stovetop following the same steps you find in my Slow Cooker Bone Broth recipe. It’s really foolproof, which is my favorite quality of any recipe.
- You can buy any ready-made bone broth or bone broth powder. Just make sure it’s sourced from grass-fed beef. I have used this brand with great results.
I know time is of the essence, and for all of us short-cuts are often a must, but nothing tastes better than homemade bone broth. Here is a video I made for you. See for yourselves how simple it is to make it at home.
To our gut health, food lovers!
Disclaimer: Absolutely Flavorful is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. Should you click and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the experience!