I have an easy, lightening-fast pantry recipe for you that will take care of your chocolate cravings with zero guilt. Introducing my DOUBLE CHOCOLATE SUNFLOWER COOKIES 😋
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE SUNFLOWER COOKIES: EASY, QUICK & PALEO
I promise you, this is the quickest, easiest and healthiest Paleo cookies recipe ever! NO flour, NO grains, NO gluten, NO refined sugar, NO dairy, NO peanuts… This recipe is also vegetarian-friendly and requires no equipment other than your oven. I highly recommend this amazing 5-ingredient gem (technically 6 ingredients, but 2 of them are dark unsweetened chocolate). You’ll have nutrient-dense, delicious cookies in just minutes! Add some coconut yogurt for dunking and you’ll get a solid breakfast. Or dessert. Or dessert for breakfast, which is what every inner child covets. Am I right? 😉So, here’s my Instant Pot Coconut Yogurt recipe for you, if you want to try this match made in culinary heaven. I had it this morning and it was delicious!
BENEFITS OF SUNFLOWER SEED BUTTER
First of all, this butter makes a very convincing peanut butter substitute. If you are on a Paleo diet or allergic to peanuts, this will become a regular in your pantry. Besides being a better option to peanut butter, sunflower seed butter has the following benefits:
- Highly Nutritious
- High in Protein
- High in Vitamin E
- A good source of minerals (magnesium, copper, manganese, phosphorus, and zinc)
You can easily make this butter at home in your Vitamix, or buy it at your health food store making sure you are getting minimally processed butter. I got my sunbutter at Trader Joe’s; it only contains roasted sunflower seeds plus a pinch of salt. No sugar, no crap.
5-INGREDIENT SUNFLOWER COOKIES
I know what you’re thinking: Wait! There are 6 ingredients in this picture, not 5. Well, yes, but technically they are 5 because 2 of them are unsweetened chocolate: one as cocoa powder; the other as chopped dark chocolate (85% cocoa or higher). The full shopping list for these delicious cookies is:
- Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- Dark Chocolate (85% cocoa or higher and as pure as can be)
- Sunflower Seed Butter
- Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Baking Soda
NO FLOUR! NO DAIRY! NO EQUIPMENT!
When I say these cookies are easy and fast, I mean they only take minutes from start to finish. All you need is a mixing bowl and a spoon for the preparation phase.
You also need a cookie sheet pan, parchment paper, and your oven. The only tools I used to shape the dough into round cookies are my hands.
Et voilà! Nothing fancy to my method, but the results are incredible!
AND ACTION! WATCH HOW TO MAKE DOUBLE CHOCOLATE SUNFLOWER COOKIES
This video doesn’t lie, and it’s worth more words than I can cram into this post. So, here it is!
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try because I know it’ll become your go-to guilt-free chocolate cookie indulgence. Here’s the full recipe for you. Enjoy!
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE SUNFLOWER COOKIES (PALEO)
- ¾ cup sunflower seed butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- ¼ cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 3.5 oz chocolate dark (85% or higher), chopped
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, mix sunflower seed butter, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and 1 egg. Mix with a big spoon until well combined
- Add in the chopped dark chocolate and keep mixing until thoroughly combined
- Form 8 large cookie dough balls and place them onto the lined cookie sheet, 3-4 inches apart
- Press down lightly on each cookie and use your hands to form a smooth circle
- Bake 10-13 minutes, or until the cookies appear solidified. I like them soft and gooey, so I baked them for 10 minutes
- Remove from the oven and slide the parchment paper with the cookies still on it onto a cooling rack. Careful with this move, proceed with lots of calm and caution!
- Let cookies cool off for about 5 minutes, then transfer them onto a platter
- You can store them well covered in the fridge for up to 7 days (if they last that long!)
Disclaimer: Absolutely Flavorful is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. Should you click and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the experience!