Move over avocado toast! This Eggs & Guacamole Wrap is bursting with flavor and avocado goodness. Perfect for a hearty & healthy breakfast or a margarita brunch. Yep! I said margarita, my dear food lovers. Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner. This breakfast wrap can double as party food in a pinch. Just add tequila 💃
Wraps are my husband’s favorite breakfast. He doesn’t spend much time in the kitchen, but he loves them so much, he actually learned how to make them for himself and his friends. Eggs & Guacamole Wrap is a recipe that I started making the very first time I had some leftover homemade guacamole (see my recipe). A rare occasion, which now I try to replicate by making extra guac and refrigerating it for the next day.
The ingredients are all fresh and easy to find. I make this recipe with gluten-free wraps because now I keep my food as gluten-free as often and as much as possible due to my autoimmune diseases. For a healthy gut, it’s always the better option. But feel free to substitute your favorite wrap.
YOUR SHOPPING LIST
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Gluten-free Wraps
- Fresh Cilantro
- Guacamole (my recipe here)
- Himalayan Salt
- Coconut Oil
The thing is breakfast can be boring. We all fall into a rut when it comes to our morning routine. Sometimes, all it takes to make it fresh is switching out one ingredient or two. Most of us go for eggs for a high-protein, high-energy breakfast to carry us all the way to lunch, but then we get stuck with the usual “scrambled” or “sunny-side-up” options. This wrap can be customized in so many ways, and the best part is: it can travel with you. Just wrap the wrap in foil and take it on your commute, or even pack it for lunch (eggs for lunch? Why not!)
SORRY, FOOD LOVERS, NOT FOR AIP PALEO
If you are currently on AIP Paleo and have not reintroduced any ingredients, this recipe is not for you. It contains too many “forbidden ingredients”, like grains, eggs, dairy, peppers… (see my post about AIP for more information). However, it is gluten-free, so if you have reintroduced most of the ingredients you can tweak this flavorful breakfast to your liking.
AND… IT’S A WRAP!
Watch me in action making this nutrient-dense breakfast packed with flavor. Easy, quick & foolproof just the way we like it 😉
Eggs and Avocado Wrap
- 8 Eggs
- 4-6 tbsp Monterey Jack Cheese Shredded, to taste
- 4-6 tbsp Guacamole
- 4 Wraps Gluten-Free
- 2-3 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil organic extra virgin
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Once it’s warm, put in about 1/3 to half a tbsp of coconut oil.
- Beat Eggs and Salt together, as you would for an omelet. I suggest beating 2 eggs at a time with a pinch of salt for each wrap.
- Pour the 2 eggs you’ve just beaten into the frying pan.
- After a few seconds, put in the shredded cheese, making sure to cover the whole surface of the omelet.
- Wait a minute, until the cheese starts to melt, and gently place the wrap on top.
- Gently pat down the wrap, so it starts to stick to the cheese and eggs. Once it feels like it has completely adhered to the omelet, flip the whole thing over (watch the video in my post for a visual).
- Now it is wrap-side down. Turn up the heat, so the wrap can toast and blister a little.
- Spread the guacamole and sprinkle some fresh cilantro.
- Fold the wrap like a calzone and serve with more sprinkled cilantro and fresh lime wedges.
Disclaimer: Absolutely Flavorful is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. Should you click and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the experience!