This is one of my favorite easy recipes. It’s vegan, hearty, full of color, bursting with flavor, and packed with nutrients. Meet my beautiful Spicy Black Bean Salad.
WHOLE INGREDIENTS FOR SPICY BLACK BEAN SALAD
If you are new to my blog, you should know that I call myself a real-food fanatic. I avoid using processed food as much as possible in all of my recipes. For this colorful salad the ingredients are:
- Black Beans (dry and home-cooked or canned. Rinse well before using if canned)
- Red Bell Pepper
- Poblano Pepper
- Jalapeño Pepper
- Fresh Cilantro
- Red Onion
- Lime Juice
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Himalayan Salt
TIP TO CONTROL THE AMOUNT OF HEAT 🔥 🌶
In Poblano and Jalapeño peppers, most of the heat is in the seeds. Poblanos tend to be quite a bit milder than Jalapeños, though. So, depending on your taste and tolerance for spicy flavors, you can use the little guide below:
- Mild: Replace Jalapeños with Bell Green Peppers and make sure to remove all the seeds, veins, and pith from the Poblano Peppers before chopping.
- Moderate: Use Poblano and Jalapeño Peppers, as per the recipe, but remove all the seeds, veins, and pith before chopping.
- Hot: Use Poblano and Jalapeño Peppers, as per the recipe, without removing the seeds, veins, and pith before chopping.
- Lava Levels: Replace Poblanos with more chopped Jalapeños Peppers without removing the seeds, veins, and pith before chopping.
(Thoughts and prayers 🙏🏻).
Watch how easy and quick it is to make this super flavorful salad!
HOW TO SERVE YOUR SPICY BLACK BEAN SALAD
This salad is very versatile, which is why I like it so much.
- It can work as an appetizer, served with some corn chips or pita chips.
- Also, it works as a side dish for Mexican-inspired entrees and barbecue meats.
- I love to toss in a can of tuna and transform it into a complete meal.
- One of my favorite purposes is using it as topping on my Taco Tuesday nights. Click on my Tacos De Carnitas recipe to see what I mean.
- And this salad travels really well. You can bring it to a picnic, pot-luck dinner, barbecue, or pack it as lunch for work. It stays fresh and doesn’t get soggy.
Here is the full recipe for you. I hope you try it and see for yourself how yummy and rich this salad is!
SPICY BLACK BEAN SALAD
- 15 oz black beans dry and home-cooked or ready and canned
- 1 red bell pepper medium/large, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper large, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Add the beans to a medium/large bowl
- Chop all the vegetables and juice the lime
- Add the chopped vegetables, lime juice, and the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and toss thoroughly
- Serve as a side dish or as a topping on tacos, wraps, and more!
Disclaimer: Absolutely Flavorful is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. Should you click and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the experience!