Who says you can’t have dessert for breakfast? Not me. I believe you can if your choice is something nutritious and packed with superfoods like this Chia Sunbutter Pudding.
PUDDING PACKED WITH SUPERFOODS
I love this Chia Sunbutter Pudding! It’s nutty, rich, and creamy. Plus, it’s vegan, paleo (or as they say now, Pegan), GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, NUT-FREE. It contains no refined sugar, and it’s packed with super nutrition thanks to the chia seeds, blueberries, sunbutter, and coconut.
Particularly, Chia seeds have been recognized as one of the best allies for weight loss. They are high in nutritional value and low in calories. According to Healthline, 2 tablespoons (28 grams) of Chia seeds contain:
- Fiber: 11 grams.
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are omega-3s).
- Calcium: 18% of the RDI.
- Manganese: 30% of the RDI.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDI.
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDI.
- Plus zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine) and vitamin B2.
All that goodness for only 137 calories and only 1 gram of digestible carbohydrate. Wow!
INGREDIENTS FOR CHIA SUNBUTTER PUDDING
The actual pudding has only 4 ingredients. How simple is that? They are:
- Chia Seeds
- Sunflower Seed Butter (Sunbutter)
- Coconut Milk (full fat)
- Maple Syrup
For the topping, I leave it up to you, but I strongly suggest a mix of your favorite berries and coconut. I made a very easy and quick blueberry compote with maple syrup. I cooked them down together until the berries broke down. As a final touch, I sprinkled some unsweetened shredded coconut. YUM!
TIPS FOR A PERFECT CHIA SUNBUTTER PUDDING
Easy tips to get the best chia pudding and make it look smashing.
- Hands-on time is short, but refrigeration time is an important ingredient. Refrigerate it 4-12 hours. The best would be overnight. It allows for the chia seeds to plump up and thicken the pudding with their gelatinous consistency.
- On the side, I soaked a few tablespoons of chia seeds in coconut water. I used about half a tablespoon to coat the bottom of each parfait cup to create an extra visual layer. It looks earthy and pretty at the same time. It’s like garnish but at the bottom.
- If you have a sweet tooth, go ahead and use more maple syrup than I did. However, the amounts I’m using in this recipe really allow for all the notes to come alive in perfect harmony. This should not be just sweet. You also need to taste the nutty flavors of the sunflower seeds, chia, and coconut, along with the tart flavor of the blueberries. Every spoonful is a moan of pleasure. I promise!
As I always say: if a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a thousand pictures. Look how easy it is to make this delicious pudding.
Grab the full recipe and let me know if you try it!
CHIA SUNBUTTER PUDDING
- 1/4 cup chia seeds whole
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter unsweetened
- 1 cup coconut milk full fat
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut shredded
- Using a whisk or egg beater, combine the coconut milk, maple syrup, chia seeds, and sunbutter.
- Transfer the batter to an airtight container and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the blueberries with 1 tbsp maple syrup until they are mostly broken down, about 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate them separately from the pudding until ready to serve.
- To serve, spoon each portion of the pudding into a cup (glass is better, as it’ll look prettier).
- Top with the blueberry compote and shredded coconut. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Absolutely Flavorful is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. Should you click and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the experience!
Easy and healthy dessert!
I bought sunflower butter weeks ago but didn’t know what to do with it. This was so easy!
So happy you tried it! I know it’s so easy and foolproof 😉
How many servings for the recipe?
This recipe yields 4 portions.
This pudding is not just yummy, it’s also very nutritious and satisfying.