Are you a coconut freak like me? I’ve always loved the rich, nutty yet refreshing flavor of coconut in all its shapes and forms. Fresh, dry, liquid, creamy, buttery, floury, and especially shredded, like the kind I’m using in this healthy and tasty recipe for the best Coconut Crack Bars ever.
COCONUT CRACK BARS: BEST KETO & PALEO ENERGY BARS
Many of us food lovers have it hard these days. With so many restrictions, due to autoimmune diseases or weight issues, it can be challenging to find recipes that accommodate everyone’s needs. These Coconut Bars are the closest thing to a dietary universal pleaser. All the ingredients are 100% Keto, Paleo, AIP compliant, and even Vegan! So, whether you’re on a plant-based diet, trying to repair your suffering leaky gut, or struggling to hit your macros on keto, these bars are perfect for you! I love having them around the house, not just as a healthy energy bar, but also as a quick sweet & savory snack, bursting with healthy fats and power to fuel my body and brain.
YOUR SHOPPING LIST
The shopping list is short and sweet for this easy recipe. You’ll need:
Just make sure all the ingredients are organic and pure. The shredded coconut has to be unsweetened; that’s really important. Also, make sure that the maple syrup is 100% pure.
DISCLOSURE: I tried making these crack bars once before. And even though they are supposed to be super easy to make and require no baking, they did not come out right 😕 For one, they were too sweet for my liking. For two, they were too gooey. So, I knew I had to tweak the recipe to have a successful batch the second time around.
HOW TO MAKE FOOLPROOF COCONUT CRACK BARS
So, what did I do differently the second time around? How did I finally crack these crack bars? I balanced the overwhelming sweetness and gooey consistency of my previous failed attempt by adding a pinch of Himalayan salt and adding small amounts of water instead of more maple syrup each time I needed to adjust the batter. Simple, right? Totally, but these 2 easy steps changed everything!
You know what I say: if a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a thousand pictures. Watch how easy it is to make these yummy Coconut Crack Bars!
Enjoy and store your bars in the freezer or fridge well covered (I keep them wrapped in parchment paper). They will last several weeks, but they don’t call it crack for nothing. They’re really addictive, guys. They won’t last that long!
And here’s the full recipe for you!
COCONUT CRACK BARS
- 3 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- Either a) Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few times until you have a coarse batter. Or b) Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir together until you have a coarse batter. TIP: you'll have more control over the consistency by using a bowl
- Work the batter, making sure it's moist enough to stick together but not runny. If it's too dry, add a few drops of filtered water. Don't add more syrup or you'll have overly sweet crack bars
- Line an 8 X 8 pan with parchment paper and pour in the batter. Press it down with your hands until you have an even surface and thickness. Cover with another piece of parchment paper and freeze or refrigerate until firm and compact. TIP: wet your fingers if the batter is sticky
- Remove from your refrigerator and cut into bars. The size is entirely up to you
- Enjoy and store your bars in the freezer or fridge well covered (I keep them wrapped in the parchment paper)
Disclaimer: Absolutely Flavorful is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. Should you click and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the experience!