I have a great recipe for your 4th of July party or any party. Easy, healthy, tasty, and fast: Deviled Eggs with Avocado.
DEVILED EGGS GO SO WELL WITH AVOCADO!
I love Deviled Eggs! However, I’ve grown quite bored with the traditional mayo & paprika kind. Eggs are so versatile; they beg for variety. I like to surprise my guests with different versions, like these Deviled Eggs with Avocado and mixed toppings or my amazing recipe for Deviled Eggs with Shrimp & Wasabi Mayo. Check it out after this recipe; those deviled eggs never fail to impress with their elegant flavors and presentation.
Besides complementing each other beautifully, hard-boiled eggs and avocado can be easily matched with so many different bold flavors.
NUTRITIOUS PALEO & KETO DEVILED EGGS
With so many people following dietary restrictions today, it’s always good to have a grain-free, legume-free, and dairy-free option that satisfies your Paleo and Keto guests. Plus, this party staple is highly nutritious without any processed ingredients (make sure to buy uncured bacon without nitrates or sugar added). 100% real food!
HOW TO MAKE DEVILED EGGS WITH AVOCADO AND MIXED TOPPINGS
The beauty of these Deviled Eggs is that they offer short-cuts. I always make mine from scratch, including hard-boiling the eggs in my Instant Pot and mashing the avocado into some quick guacamole. I promise you that the process takes only minutes and is totally worth it (see how to make perfect Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs). However, I do understand time constraints when planning a party. So, go right ahead and buy already hard-boiled eggs and a tub of guac, if you have to.
After mashing the avocado with a generous amount of red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and olive oil, it’s time to peel and halve the hard-boiled eggs. Mix the yolks with the guac, and with a spoon keep mashing until smooth and creamy.
TIP: gently squish each egg half to loosen the yolk without breaking it. Then release it with the help of a spoon (watch my video for details further below).
TIP: heap the guac yolk mix generously on top of the eggs. Don’t just fill the holes.
TIP: I recommend different toppings in order to offer your guests enough variety for their palates and preferences.
Remember, not everybody likes it spicy, and many people don’t eat pork or meat. Therefore, I like these combinations:
- Paprika & Cilantro for those who like it mild
- Paprika & Bacon for those who like it hearty
- Paprika & Jalapeño for those who like it HOT!
- Mix them all together for those who like it AWESOME! (This is me!)
Watch this short video and see for yourself how you can easily make these nutritious flavor bombs in your own kitchen.
That’s how simple it is! Honestly, I don’t need a party to enjoy these yummy nutrient-dense treats. I make them for my husband and me with some fresh salad. Best cold dinner in minutes for our hot Miami summer nights. Enjoy!
DEVILED EGGS WITH AVOCADO
- 6 eggs store-bought hardboiled & peeled (or see recipe information for homemade in the Notes below)
- 1 avocado medium/large and ripe
- ½ lime juice only
- 2 tbsp red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Salt adjutst to taste
TOPPINGS (optional suggestions)
- ½ jalapeño seeded and sliced in rings
- 1 tbsp cilantro whole leaves
- 2 strips bacon crispy
- 1 tsp paprika
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise
- Remove yolks and place them in a medium bowl
- Place the hollowed egg whites on a serving platter
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado, chopped cilantro, red onion, lime juice, olive oil and solt together with a spoon
- Add the yolks to the mixture and keep mashing until it's all combined, smooth and creamy
- Fill up the hollowed egg whites with the yolk-mayo mixture (using a teaspoon or a pastry bag with a star-tipped nozzle). TIP: heaping amounts of the mixture, enough to completely top the eggs!
- Sprinkle your favorite toppings to garnish and finish (see my suggestions and video)
Disclaimer: Absolutely Flavorful is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. Should you click and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the experience!