This is hardly a recipe, so I’ll get straight to the point. This post is about how to make Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs.
HOW TO MAKE HARD BOILED EGGS IN YOUR INSTANT POT
First of all, how do you like your eggs? “Unfertilized!” used to be the unanimous reply back in my college days (sorry, I couldn’t resist). Personally, I like eggs in many different ways, but when it comes to Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs, I found out that I’m a 5-5-5 kinda gal. Basically, I’m the Goldilocks of hard-boiled eggs: not too firm, not too creamy, not too dry, not too runny. See this beauty below as a reference.
All you need is your Instant Pot (I have this 6 qt. model and love it), a trivet (the metal grill/tray that comes with your IP), and a large bowl filled with ice and water.
Pour 1 and a half cups of water inside your IP and place the trivet at the bottom. Place the eggs on top of the trivet, seal your Instant Pot, set to High Pressure, and you are ready to go!
For perfect 5-5-5 eggs, you need to follow these easy steps:
- Cook eggs at High Pressure for 5 minutes
- Natural Release for 5 minutes
- Ice Bath for 5 minutes
For easy-to-peel eggs, I strongly recommend an Ice Bath for 5 minutes right after removing them from the Instant Pot.
Of course, you might find out that 5-5-5 is not the magic combination for you. In that case, feel free to experiment and explore by tweaking those three numbers. For instance, for firmer and more well-done eggs, you can try cooking them for 6 minutes at high pressure, then natural release for 6 minutes and an ice bath for 5 minutes. Play around and find your perfect spot.
Like many of you, I love making Deviled Eggs for parties and barbecues in the summertime (check out my truly special recipe for Deviled Eggs with Shrimp & Wasabi Mayo ). Learning how to make them to your liking in an Instant Pot will take all the guessing out of the game, I promise. Watch this video!
And that’s it, my fellow food lover! Give it a try and find out if 5-5-5 is your IP number for hard-boiled eggs.
INSTANT POT HARD BOILED EGGS
- 6 eggs eggs
- 1 ½ cups water
- Add 1 ½ cup of water to the inner pot of your pressure cooker. Place trivet at the bottom
- Place 6 eggs on top of the trivet
- Seal the lid on top of your Instant Pot
- Set the IP to High Pressure and the timer to 5 minutes
- Once the cooking process is over, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes (you might want to set the timer again for exactly 5 minutes)
- Remove the eggs and place them in a large bowl full of ice water. Let them cool off for 5 minutes
- Remove eggs from the ice bath. Crack, peel, and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Absolutely Flavorful is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. Should you click and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the experience!