In my quest to curb my grains, I’ve been experimenting with Paleo Bread recipes, trying to find one that would allow for the bread to rise enough. A recipe that wouldn’t have a ton of added sweetness and would yield some decent crust, and… Well, I think this recipe is a mighty contender! 🥇
100% PALEO: GRAIN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, SUGAR-FREE
Besides being 100% gluten-free and grain-free, this Paleo Bread is also 100% sugar-free. It has ZERO added SUGARS or SWEETENERS of any kind. For some reason, the vast majority of bread recipes I found call for honey, molasses, maple syrup, and other paleo-approved sweet stuff. To me, that’s not bread. That’s cake!
So, what’s in this intensely delicious loaf of paleo bread? Here’s your whole shopping list:
Most consumers today are so addicted to added sugar in foods that they can’t just shake the habit when making healthy recipes at home. It takes some time and work to clean up the palate until it won’t need or even like the extra sweetness in foods that are supposed to be savory. And frankly, there are natural-occurring sugars in the coconut and almonds in this recipe, which give out enough sweetness already.
REAL PALEO BREAD
I like to say that this bread is so paleo, even a caveman would eat it! It’s a perfect low-carb balance of protein, fiber, and high-quality fats. Easy to digest and incredibly satisfying. My husband can’t get enough of this bread. It’s perfect with breakfast and brunch, especially with some nut butter and fresh jam or just dipped in eggs over-easy… mmm…
EASY PALEO BREAD RECIPE
The recipe couldn’t be easier. Hands-on time is just 5 minutes with incredibly simple steps. It’s really just a matter of combining the wet and dry ingredients together to make a thick batter and then pouring it into a lined loaf pan. That’s it! The rest of the work is all for your oven.
You know what I always say. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a thousand pictures. Look how quick and easy it is to put this recipe together in your own kitchen.
Paleo Bread Loaf
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed ground
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp Himalayan salt
- 3 eggs whole
- 2 egg whites
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted and cooled off)
- 6 tbsp coconut milk
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar raw with the mother
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Beat the 3 eggs and the 2 egg whites in a medium bowl. Combine them all together
- Add the coconut oil (melted and cooled off), apple cider vinegar, and coconut milk to the beaten eggs
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredient mix. Combine well until you have an even sticky batter
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper (I used an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches pan)
- Pour the batter inside the lined loaf pan and distribute it evenly
- Bake for 1 hour
- Once the hour is up, remove the loaf pan from the oven and let the loaf rest on a cooling rack for half an hour
- Slice and enjoy!
Disclaimer: Absolutely Flavorful is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links. Should you click and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you. Thank you for your support, and enjoy the experience!